Your privacy is important to us. It is Merlynn Intelligence Technologies’ (Merlynn) policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect or use from you across our website, https://www.up2tom.com, plugins and other sites or applications we own and operate.
We only ask for personal information when we truly need it to provide a service to you. We collect it by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent in line with the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) and all other related legislation. We only retain collected information for as long as necessary to provide you with your requested service.
We will use and disclose the information we collect as follows:
Personal Information that you provide
We don’t share any personal information publicly or with third-parties, except when required to by law. Merlynn will use the Personal Information that you provide:
- to deliver to you any administrative notices, alerts and communications relevant to your use of the Merlynn technology suite;
- to communicate with you concerning your account;
- to display your Personal Information in your account page and elsewhere on the Merlynn Services;
- to promote use, including continued use, of the Merlynn technology suite;
- to bill and collect sums owed to us;
- to help enforce compliance with our support services and applicable law.
- The log data that we collect is used to improve the performance, quality and user experience of the Merlynn Services and technology suite, and is not shared with or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes.
Data and Metadata
- Merlynn TOM technology is used to create virtual experts. The Up2TOM application is hosted on Google Cloud Platform. The model creation process requires no customer data. The final model is downloaded into our customers’ IT environments, behind their firewalls. Model input variables or metadata required for model functionality remains behind the customers' firewalls.
- In certain instances customers may elect not to download their models into their own environments. In these instances the data sent to us is not stored and only used for model functionality or to provide our services to you.
- Non-private, aggregated, or otherwise non-personal information may be collected and disclosed to measure our services such as usage statistics.
- If you do not enable your browser to accept Merlynn cookies, you may not be able to use the Merlynn technology suite
The data we store and use is protected in line with acceptable industry standards to prevent loss, theft, unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. Our security includes:
Role-based access management:
rules control which users and teams can access, manipulate, and delete data.
All network traffic is encrypted using Transport Layer Security (TLS)
Data at rest:
Encryption for data at rest using transparent disk encryption.
Our website and email signatures may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and practices of these sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy policies.
You are free to refuse our request for your personal information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some of your desired services.
Your continued use of our website / technology suite will be regarded as acceptance of our practices around privacy and personal information. If you have any questions about how we handle user data and personal information, feel free to contact us at email@example.com
This policy is effective as of 1 April 2020